Step 1 - Start Early
You can’t hold a successful fundraiser if you start your planning three months in advance. I suggest you begin planning between six and nine months before the event. An early start is important because there are a lot of components that go into planning a successful event. Here are some of the things you should consider when you start your planning:
- Think about what auction items you have access to. Create a wishlist of unique items that could be donated.
- Build your solicitation tracking sheet to keep track of everyone you have asked to donate and what they have donated.
- Write three to four versions of your solicitation thank you letters. You should have a thank you letter for the donated item, a thank you letter after the auction letting the business know how much the item sold for with pictures from the event.
- Find your favorite computer software to keep track of all of your donations.
- Create a Project Plan. A project plan is very important so that you can be prepared and have a professional and successful fundraiser.
In the next installment, I will talk about what elements are important to include in your project plan.
To purchase the complete guide, click here.
For more Fundraising Charity Auction ideas and helpful tips on planning your next charity fundraiser, follow Generosity Auctions on Facebook or Instagram @GenerosityAuctions. Abra Annes is the leading Charity Auctioneer based in California. Abra is the owner and founder of Generosity Auctions, the premier choice for Non-Profit Organizations looking to maximize their event fundraising.